Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Suzuki MF Gauge

Hi!
    My friend is installing a single 2016 DF300AP with the new Suzuki Multi Function Gauge.
    To make clear, this is NOT the C10 gauge, it is this a newly developed gauge:
    https://www.suzuki-marine.co.uk/mari...unction-gauge/
    It seems that this gauges are used and delivered in Europe as they don't appear on the US Suzuki website.

SDS can connect to the engine, read the parameters and start/stop the engine but the BCM is not visible so the trottle can't be programmed.
    Also the gauge is switching on, but the diagnostics screen is not showing any information.
    Gauge Software Version is 1.000 1.103 28167

Is there any special SDS version, other tool or newer gauge software to make it work?

Thanks

Chris
    Last edited by ChrigelKarrer; 08-13-2016, 01:24 AM.

That is the new colour Suzuki gauge that is used everywhere except the USA. Original equipment from Suzuki, so Im told.

I havent had a look at one, but my local Suzuki guy says that they are very simple to install and operate. He specifically said that they come with a very good manual and anyone who follows the manual will have no trouble at all setting it up, nothing special is required.

Now my understanding is that these displays take the place of the interface cable, and they connect direct to the harness behind the dash. There is a second connection from the gauge to the NMEA2000 network which then allows engine data to be shared plus gives the gauge access to GPS data from any GPS device on the network.

I suggest you both sit down and have a thorough read of the user manual and go from there.

You could also send a PM to Redlowrey here on the forum, he's a Suzuki guy in Australia and may be able to offer hos exproences with the new gauges etc.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-13-2016, 03:27 AM.

Comment

I wrote to Redlowrey but got no answer till now.
      Unfortunately the Gauge arrived without a manual what made the installation troublesome. All is working now, except the pitot tube MPH/Knots are not shown for whatever reason.

Does someone have the Suzuki part number for this new Multifunction Display?
      This would help me to find the manual and the price for the gauge as i consider to switch my malfunctioning SMIS gauges with this new type Gauge.

Yes this gauge plugs directly in the engine harness and yes, there is a second NMEA port to connect to the NMEA bus.

Thanks

Chris

Comment

I can't help you with that sorry.

Comment

Thanks for your reply!
          I thought that this gauges may solve my DF300AP issues, but before paying big $$$ for 6 of them i would like to have some informations from people who have them installed.
          Well i probably have to ask in some European Suzuki Forum as here this new gauges are standard and some people may have real experience with them.
          Chris
          Last edited by ChrigelKarrer; 08-17-2016, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X