No announcement yet.

Engine Interface 2.30 vs SMIS 2.0 on a DF300 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great, i will update all to most recent software, one at the time! However i think i will keep the 2.30 version on the interface as it is my understanding that this probably is the best version for my 2008 engine.

Any known compatability issues with 2.30 enigne interface software vs. the 2.2 on the lmf200 and 2.6 on the lmf400?

I believe my option is to upgrade the engine interface to 2.9 but i understand that might be problematic with a 2008 engine?

Comment

I would definitely not change the interface, leave it at 2.30.

You are on your own from here with sw updates on those old LMF200’s. Worse case you can change them back.

Comment

I took the gauges to mylocal dealer and used their B&G zeus 2 and updated the software on the 200's to 2.20 and 2.60 on the 400's. It seems this did the trick. All is working as it's supposed to! Thank you Moonlighter for all knowledge and extremly quick replies to all my questions! Very much appreciated!

Comment

Okay so now as all gauges are working it is time for fuel usage calibration. I filled up the tank to max a couple of days ago with 200L. After burning 39,8 liters i filled the tanks. However i managed to put on 44,8 liters. So it seems the fuel usage is off by roughly 12.5%. So i did the interface calibration putting the amount of gas i filled.

Is it normal to see a 12% off fuel burn with standard values? How precise is it possible to get this stuff? Will each calibration build on the last calibration so this gets better each time or is the calibration a one off process without memory?

Knowledge appreciated!

Comment

This is the process to verify the accuracy or your Suzuki fuel data.
            1. Fill the tank to full at regular gas station and remember which pump you use. Reset fuel to full.
            2. Go fishing and burn at least 1/3 tank, the more the better.
            3. On the way home from the fishing trip, Go back to the same gas station and same pump if possible and fill up, try to fill to the same fullness as last time. Do not delay and leave it for weeks because evaporation from a partially filled tank can be considerable - experts say up to 5% per week in some conditions! Then compare the actual fuel used to what the Suzuki system says. If its more that 2% different, you should calibrate. To do this:
            4. Turn the engine key to on where it beeps. Go into the fuel menu and select refuel. Then select set to full, and then hit enter and then select the option to calibrate. Select the engine to calibrate. Then when prompted, input the actual amount it took at the pump to fill up, and complete the process. It will pop up a notification that the K factor is changing to a new value. This K value is the calibration factor. Accept and finish.
            5. You will probably have to complete this process 3 or 4 times to get within 1-2% accuracy. Once you get that close, leave it alone because variations then are more likely to be due to filling the boat at different gas stations where the angle of boat/trailer affect how much fuel goes into the tank, or inaccuracies in the pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
              This is the process to verify the accuracy or your Suzuki fuel data.
              1. Fill the tank to full at regular gas station and remember which pump you use. Reset fuel to full.
              2. Go fishing and burn at least 1/3 tank, the more the better.
              3. On the way home from the fishing trip, Go back to the same gas station and same pump if possible and fill up, try to fill to the same fullness as last time. Do not delay and leave it for weeks because evaporation from a partially filled tank can be considerable - experts say up to 5% per week in some conditions! Then compare the actual fuel used to what the Suzuki system says. If its more that 2% different, you should calibrate. To do this:
              4. Turn the engine key to on where it beeps. Go into the fuel menu and select refuel. Then select set to full, and then hit enter and then select the option to calibrate. Select the engine to calibrate. Then when prompted, input the actual amount it took at the pump to fill up, and complete the process. It will pop up a notification that the K factor is changing to a new value. This K value is the calibration factor. Accept and finish.
              5. You will probably have to complete this process 3 or 4 times to get within 1-2% accuracy. Once you get that close, leave it alone because variations then are more likely to be due to filling the boat at different gas stations where the angle of boat/trailer affect how much fuel goes into the tank, or inaccuracies in the pumps.
              Exactly what i did. Same pump, only three days after first filling. The K factor change did not pop up at all? Use the 2.30 software. Is it normal to see a 12% off fuel burn with standard calibration or should i try 2.5 or 2.9?

Comment

It can be out that far. The other versions unlikely to help.

You must follow the procedure exactly. If the new K value didnt come up, you didnt do it right. Assuming you did the calibration in the Simrad GO unit?
                Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-20-2020, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                  It can be out that far. The other versions unlikely to help.

You must follow the procedure exactly. If the new K value didnt come up, you didnt do it right. Assuming you did the calibration in the Simrad GO unit?
                  Nope, i did the calibration on the LMF-400 with following procedure:

9. Select REFILL TANK and press ENTER. The Select Tank menu will open with up to three options (Port, Center and Starboard), depending on your engine-tank configuration. Select the tank you refilled and press ENTER. 10. The Recalibration menu will appear with two options: Yes and No. Select YES and press ENTER.

11. The Filled Quantity window will appear. Use the UP and DOWN keys to input the amount of fuel you added and press ENTER. You will be taken back to the main display.

12. Repeat these steps for each engine interface you want to calibrate.

NOTE: The LMF-400 will not let you input an amount of fuel greater than the fuel used figure.

I had used 39,8 fuel a filled 44,8, performed the calibration with an input of 44,8 but no K value, just a calibration OK message

Comment

all right that should be Ok then

Do it next time on the Simrad. Achieves the same thing but will show the K value changing. And is easier.

Calibrating only changes in small steps, so thats why you may need to do it several times if its a fair way out. Persist, you will get it right.

Comment

Working...
                    X