2004 df115 vibration & lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 df115 vibration & lights

this happens every so often. Mainly at high speeds & a few waves. Motor will be running great then goes to violently missing until you bring it back to an idle. While doing this I get one audio beep and the rev light comes on. The oil light also flashes. Once back to an idle you can take off again. video attached........first it shows the motor missing....then the tach gauge lite that come on. After a brief idle it takes off like nothing wrong.

Video didn’t seem to come thru

Comment

video exceeds size limitations......tried trimming but only 2mb allowed........any suggestions?

Comment

Any videos that I’ve seen here people have been using third party software like YouTube or Google.

Comment

https://youtu.be/oUlVb6HOF0o

Comment

any help would be appreciated....................

Comment

is this the rev limiter kicking in? getting flashing oil light.

Comment

Its very difficult to say... it could be an over rev situation, possibly due to prop slip but cant be sure. They usually clear by dropping back into neutral for a few seconds....

Have you had the engine hooked up to the Suzuki diagnostic software to see what codes and faults have been recorded? It will very likely show something that will give a better indication of what the problem is. Can save a lot of guessing and time.

Comment

Ran diagnostic and no codes......mechanic said t-stat was stuck open and motor not getting to running temp. Could be the problem. Replaced it and the oil sending switch........River testing next.

Comment

I would suspect there is some kind of electrical failure, I would start at the helm and unplug every plug all the way to the engine and inspect and clean, If it only happens sometimes and in the chop i would start with that
                    Also search this forum for steel exhaust plug

Comment

Working...
                    X