Trouble with Tell Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Tell Tale

I have a 2001 DH70 4 stroke outboard with tell tale problems.When I first start it with earmuffs on it will start and run fine but the tell tale won't work. If I shut it off and wash it down using the wash down port on the motor. When I restart the motor I will get water coming from the tell tale although the stream will be somewhat weak. Trying to start the motor will result in the same problem.Have to wash it down first to get the water flowing. Any way to clean out the salt and corrosion that are in the system?

pull the thermostat out & replace it with a new one after you replace the impeller & housing. flush in fresh water after every salt dip.

Comment

I just replaced the thermostat and water pump this past July, The boat hasn't been in the water since then.

Comment

Some muffs work better than others. The small, round ones with the soft rubber cups work best on Suzuki’s, my local dealer put me onto them. Others dont deal well enough.

If you really want to test the water pump, best to put the leg in a large drum of water with the water level at least 100mm above the anti vent plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
          Some muffs work better than others. The small, round ones with the soft rubber cups work best on Suzuki’s, my local dealer put me onto them. Others dont deal well enough.

If you really want to test the water pump, best to put the leg in a large drum of water with the water level at least 100mm above the anti vent plate.
          & I have added a gallon of salt away & let run on a fast idle (1000 rpm) and let it dissolve as much salt as possible

Comment

I put on some round muffs and now I get a water stream every time I start the motor.I have ordered some salt away and will flush the motor with it. Thanks for the great advice.

Comment

Working...
            X