Water in Fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in Fuel

All of a sudden on cruisng speed, motor coughed and surged for a brief moment. Did not repeat and no warning or fault indicated. Fortunately, we are are not far from the boat launch. Checked and drained the fuel filter into a glass bottle and found there is water with the fuel. Should I also drain the vapor separating tank? If so, how do i fill it back up as the fuel line do not have a primer bulb. I will be installing a water separator kit asap. Motor is a 2018 DF250 Suzuki.

On the bottom of the vapor separator is a screw just above a hose barb with a plastic hose attached to said barb. Open screw to drain separator.
    fuel pump will probably fill the separator by itself. Get a RACOR its cheap insurance.

Comment

Hi I am from pondicherry in south India and I have repaired and serviced all sorts of engines all the way from motorbikes to cars and busses. I have also done a lot of boat engines but recently I have had to deal with some modern four stroke small outboards from suzuki and I am a little confused with all the extra sensors and the fuel injected system. I would really appreciate some help.
      I have a problem with a DF20A . Few months back there was some water in the fuel tank and it got into the fuel lines and the pumps etc. So I cleaned the whole line by draining all the pipes the pumps etc and I checked that both pumps were pumping fuel when I put fresh fuel and bled the lines. I also checked that the injectors were spraying fuel like fine mist.
      The engine ran for a few hours over several weeks without any problem but now suddenly it does not rev up to full throttle. It has a super smooth start and holds idle very well but the moment I raise the throttle more than half and hold it there the engine speed oscillates between fast and slow revving up and down once every second.
      To my sense and logic it sounded like there was not enough fuel passing through to maintain the high rev but am not sure.
      Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X