97 dt140 EFI no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 dt140 EFI no spark

I have no spark on any cylinder on my dt140 EFI.
    I cannot find any information on diagnosing ignition components for this motor and do not have a service manual. I did an ohm test on the pickup coil and got 326 ohms. The gear counter has 218 Ohms. I'm not sure how to check the stator but I tested the ohms between the yellow and red wire coming out of it and have zero ohms. If anyone could help me figure this out I would appreciate it thank you

I'll check my manual for wire colors. There are two different coils in the stator that control spark to the plugs.

The EFI motor has a different stator than the carb motor.

The low speed condenser charging coil, and high speed condenser charging coil. Low speed CC coil must be good to start motor, and high speed CC coil if bad, won't let motor go over about 3k rpms.

If you have the flywheel off, look for any signs of damages to the two different coils at the front of the motor. Also look at the magnets on the flywheel, if broken or loose, you will need another flywheel. (My motor ate the stator when the magnets came loose).

If you haven't taken the flywheel off, you will have to if you're getting bad readings from the charging coils.

I'll post back later with the wire colors. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X