2001 dt200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 dt200

I cannot find a part listing for a water flow sensor on this motor. V6 with 2 plugs per cylinder. It's at the top of each cylinder head with 2 wires, to the left of thermostat. Any help? Thanks

Not sure if this is what you're looking for?

34830-92E10 SUZUKI SENSOR,CYLINDER

Good luck.

Comment

Not it. What I am looking for is the sensor that plugs into the water passage at the top of the head. One on each side. It has a hinged lever that opens up from water flow through the head. When there is no water flow the water indicator warning lights on the warning gauge corresponding to the side not flowing water. Thanks

Comment

According to parts page, this is all that is listed for your motor? Did you give us right info? It is a 2001 dt200? Checked two parts places, nether showed another sensor?

Maybe special option with your particular Guage package?

Sorry, I couldn't help. Good luck.

Comment

The tag on transom shows 2001 DT200. The latest model I can this part on is a 1996 DT140. Something fishy is going on. The part numbers I can find are 34870-94630 and 34870-87D10. I am going to look on block to find another ID on engine. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Well big difference there. The dt140 has 4 cylinders inline, and I believe the dt200 has 6, or 3-port & 3-starboard, as in a V-6.

So that should be an easy assessment.

What color wires, and how many wires are on your sensor?

Good luck.

Comment

Two wires, green and black. Small diameter. On the parts list (#24 & 25) it shows 2 part numbers. Looks like 1 for port and 1 for starboard. I am sure that I have a six cylinder. Very confusing but typical for me. Thanks

Comment

I maybe wrong, but I think that the sensor with the flow switch has 3 wires? I think the one with 2 wires is only thermal sensor?

Also, think the only reason for different part numbers is wire colors?

Good luck.

Comment

Then latest I can find these listed is 1996 DT150. In this year of the DT150's some heads use these and some have plugs(#40) on diagram.

Comment

Both of my sensors have 2 wires. The only thing that is different is the length of the wires. And yes, if you search the part # it shows they have 3 wires. I have ordered a used one off ebay and it also has 2 wires.

Comment

Clarification, I did not have my glasses on. DT 200 is a 1989, SN 20001907680. Shows different cooling sensors for port and starboard, 34870-87D10 and 34870-94630. Both show with 3 wires when you look up part #. Mine has only 2 wires. I need the starboard side.

Comment

Well, please keep glasses handy. Lol
                        Use the proper sensors, and all should be fine.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X