1994 DT200 cylinder pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 DT200 cylinder pack

I got a boat with a DT200 on it. Upper port side cylinder and piston puked. The guy I got it from said that Suzuki coats their cylinder walls so it can't be honed and used. Is that true and if so do they sell replacement cylinders individually or does one need to buy the whole pack? Is changing or pressing a cylinder out and in doable without a machine shop?

I haven't dug too deep into it yet. Figured I would do some research first.

BB

Machine shops can replace sleeves, but haven't found anyone yet that can remove and replace rods, or bearings on crank.
    If it has been sitting up for extended time without running, bearings on crankshaft will go bad from lack of oiling, rusting.

Good luck, if you have to change piston, you may have to change rod?

Comment

Ran recently

The guy I got it from said he started it and it did fire right up but made a bad noise so he shut it right down. He pulled the head and found the bad piston and cyl. I have been around long enough to know that a rod or even a main may have puked and that could have taken out the piston / cyl. So, then I would need a crank, piston / cyl and that means it would be part out time. He also said those cyl packs are able to be changed without pulling the powerhead. With that off I would imagine I would be able to see a bad crank. I don't have a manual yet. If it's not worth looking into fixing I won't need one I guess.

B

Comment

Looking at parts page, it does look like the 3 cylinders are replaceable, but couldn't tell you if rod is damaged?

Could pull cylinders on that one side for look? If any play in rods on that side, probably part-out time is correct.

Hope you didn't pay much. Good luck.

Comment

didn't pay much

Actually the motor pretty much came as a throw in with the boat. Didn't pay to much for that either. If motor runs again it would turn a good deal into a OH *** deal. LOL I just don't like scrapping if something can be saved reasonable

BB

Comment

Working...
          X