Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redlowrey
    replied
    I doubt very much that it is suffering from vapor lock, that is after ten minutes of starting the engine. The engine would have to be red hot for fuel to boil in the vst, and the vst sits under the inlet manifold not the exhaust manifold. There is a heat exchanger for the fuel rail, vst, and inlet manifold, if the hose was blocked stopping water from circulating the fuel would get much hotter, but in the time frame you say would not boil in the vst. Are you capable to do voltage drop testing with a multimeter.

Leave a comment:

• ErikMR
    started a topic 2013 DF140A Hot engine - no start

2013 DF140A Hot engine - no start

I have a 2013 DF140 that I just purchased. Engine has 220 hours. Just had the 300 hour service done, to include new thermostat. My issue is when running boat for 10 minutes or more, and then turning off engine to use trolling motor, when I attempt to start engine after 30 minutes of no use, I can’t get engine to start back up. After engine cools, I usually have tp wait 1.5 - 2 hours before the engine will start up again. I have removed the anti siphon valve from the fuel pickup attachment, replaced every fuel hose from fuel tank to fuel/water separator, new priming bulb. All to no avail. I have reason to believe a vapor lock is occurring in the VST, and this doesn’t allow fuel into high pressure pump. Engine runs fine otherwise. The mechanic who did the 300 service, also checked all the lines coming into and out of VST. Suzuki customer service won’t tell me if there are any recalls out for this model engine. Interesting that the VST is sandwiched between engine block and exhaust manifold. Anybody else had these issues with a 2013 DF140A? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ErikMR; 11-18-2019, 09:33 AM.
Working...
X