Recommended service items for 96 DT 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended service items for 96 DT 115

New to the forum guys and have purchased a Signature 540F fitted with a DT 115. Motor has approximately 290 hours on it and I am wondering what items I should service/check before the weather warms up enough to spend some time on the water. I am a mechanic but have not had much experience with outboards. Have owners and parts manual but would like to get hold of a workshop manual as well. Any help much appreciated.

Think, proper flushing when used in salt, and some brackish fresh waters.

Every year you should check oil in foot, make sure it isn't contaminated (mixed with water). Check and clean fuel filters, check/inspect condition of all fuel lines, if hard and cracking replace. If using ethanol, insides of fuel lines may break-down (like black sooty particles), replace all fuel lines (they will cause blockages through all fuel system).

Every year check and clean plugs, replace when needed. Lubricate all fittings with good waterproof grease.

If motor has been sitting up for extended periods use premix fuel & oil (50:1) until you are certain oil is flowing/ being used (mark side of tank) in system.

Your owners manual may tell you a few good things to check. A good Suzuki shop repair manual for your motor is an excellent book to have.

Good luck, happy boating.

Comment

Working...
    X