Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yakebait View Post

12V power
    Suzuki engine interface (part # 990CO-88136 3.5.4 software)
    Lowrance HDS9 Carbon
    Lowrance HDS9 Live

I emailed Lowrance on this issue and their response is that the icon will not appear unless I include the C-10 display on my network (which I do not have and do not intend to purchase)

Thank you!!!
    Yes, I already stated that earlier in point #4 in post #15 on this thread, which was quoted again in post #28.

The only other way to get it is to use the special Suzuki “Connect” interface cable instead of the standard 3.5.4 cable.

This cable is more expensive than a standard interface cable. The Connect interface cable works with Navico displays (Simrad and Lowrance) to give full range of engine data plus service and fault codes, without needing a C-10 or any other gauge on the network.. It works with 2016 and newer engines.

Link:
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Suzuki-G...gAAOSwivBd-6J7
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 01-09-2021, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post

Yes, I already stated that earlier in point #4 in post #15 on this thread, which was quoted again in post #28.

The only other way to get it is to use the special Suzuki “Connect” interface cable instead of the standard 3.5.4 cable.

This cable is more expensive than a standard interface cable. The Connect interface cable works with Navico displays (Simrad and Lowrance) to give full range of engine data plus service and fault codes, without needing a C-10 or any other gauge on the network.. It works with 2016 and newer engines.

Link:
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Suzuki-G...gAAOSwivBd-6J7

Thank you for the specific part number. You are correct, it costs appx $150 more than the cable that I purchased. Do you have any thoughts on the benefits of being able to use the Suzuki icon vs the cost? Right now I don't think that I would be able to reset the trip and season counters for fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by yakebait View Post

Thank you for the specific part number. You are correct, it costs appx $150 more than the cable that I purchased. Do you have any thoughts on the benefits of being able to use the Suzuki icon vs the cost? Right now I don't think that I would be able to reset the trip and season counters for fuel.
        Just to get the Suzuki icon and customised gauge pages? No its not worth it.

Already on your HDS units with your current interface cable, You can customise the gauge displays that you have anyway, so very nearly as good, so no, I wouldn't say its worth changing to the Connect cable.

The intent of the Connect cable is that you can do away with all gauges, and just run a display such as your HDS for all engine data, and still get all the alarms and codes etc.

I dont understand your comment in the last sentence about resetting trip and season counters for fuel???

You can do that currently on your HDS displays with current interface cable, and there would be no difference with the Connect cable.

So I dont get where you came up with that conclusion.

Comment

Those counters (total fuel, season fuel, trip fuel) show up as parameters that I can get from my engine but I do not know how to reset them from my Lowrance unit.

Comment

Turn HDS and the engine key on. If the network is powered separately then turn it on too.

Then open the HDS menu by touching the power button briefly.

Select Settings/fuel/fuel used.

You will now see a page open that shows fuel used, trip fuel used and seasonal fuel used.

At the bottom of that page there is a reset button. Touch that button and a window pops up where you can select Trip and/or seasonal fuel to be reset. Select the ones you wish to reset and then hit reset.

When you dont know how to do something its worth having a look around in the HDS menu to see what you can find. This particular one is pretty easy to find because, as you would expect, its in the fuel menu and is one of the options available there.

I encourage you to sit in the boat, turn the HDS on, first go to the sonar page and turn the sonar off (this stops the transducer operating and potentially overheating) and then have a really good look around the menu and see what you can find. Good way to get a better understanding of the unit and its capabilities.
            Last edited by Moonlighter; 01-10-2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X