Tappet shim replacement 08 DF150's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kagira View Post
    I would like to underline one thing based on my experience: it is better to measure each shim with the micrometer,and not look at the measurement written on the shim only.
    I disassembled all 16 shims on my DF140A after 1300 hours, and many are not the same size written on the shim.

For example:Shim Id is 253,so 2,53 mm...but with micrometer size is 2.52 mm on some and 2,525 on others..some are corectly 2,53 as written on shim.
    That is great you can read a mic. but do they sell shims in parts of mm's, oops NO, that is why the spec. is so wide shims are available in 1mm increments as far as I can see? YMMV?

Comment

Originally posted by tsturm View Post

That is great you can read a mic. but do they sell shims in parts of mm's, oops NO, that is why the spec. is so wide shims are available in 1mm increments as far as I can see? YMMV?
      Huh? Uh... no, they are available in increments of 1/100ths of a mm.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

For what I can see on Suzuki manual, shim goes from ID:218 = 2,18 mm to Id:300 =3,00 mm,so have a gap of 0.82 mm.
        In my case Have shim ID:253 =2,53 mm and need to replace with shim Id:250 = 2.50 mm...gap is 0,03 mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post

Huh? Uh... no, they are available in increments of 1/100ths of a mm.
          Beyond time to edit, so editing by new post ........... make that "available in increments of either 2/100ths or 3/100ths." Smallest available shim is 2.18mm thick, largest is 3.00mm thick. There are 34 different sizes available within that range.
          Last edited by Harper; 09-11-2020, 09:52 AM.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
          X