Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 suzuki dt 150 gets too much fuel

Hello,
    my suzuki dt 150 gets way too much fuel and therefore (i think) runs extremely rough at low rpm. When i get it up to speed it runs ok, but at idle in the harbour it runs only on maybe 2-3 sylinders, and uses about 5 litres/1,5 gallons of gas in about 15-20 minutes (spits the extra gas out the exhaust). I have tested coils and the ignition seems fine, have spark on all plugs, and compression test is great.

Have anyone experienced this problem, or have any ideas to what it could be? This engine model is the one without a cdi and fuel injection box, instead there's a computer thats contains everything (expensive to change).
    Would appreciate any input,
    thanks

This motor only shows the EFI model motor. This means you do have fuel injection system.

Post back when able.

Comment

Thanks for answering. I'm sorry if I didn't explain well enough, what I meant was I have the 150STC model which has a fuel injection unit/engine control unit and not a separate CDI unit for the ignition, as I understand some of these have. Don't know if this is relevant to the problem though, preferably looking for a solution to the problem that doesn't involve changing the fuel injection unit (1700$)

Comment

What type of fuel do you run? Ethanol fuel can cause problems. Fuel additives can help?

Have you had fuel rail pressure tested? Do you know if your injectors are working properly (opening and closing)? If injectors are sticking open, you may be pumping fuel constantly, at low speeds it would be too much, but run better at higher speeds?

It may be timing related, if your TVS, or gear counting coil are not working properly?

Post back when able. Good luck.

Comment

Was there ever a solution to this issue?

Comment

N2fishing, you should start your own post, as this is a 2 stroke motor in this post.
            Post year and model of your motor, then explain your problems, and anything you've done to correct it. Give us history on your motor and problems, the more detailed the better for someone to help.

Good luck, post back.

Comment

Working...
            X