DT 9.9 oil injection system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 9.9 oil injection system

I recently purchased a 1994 DT 9.9. Upon purchase the seller claimed he had by passed the oil injection system. Since purchasing I have cleaned the carburetor 2 times and triple checked float Adjustments. The motor continues to not idle and runs very rich on 50:1 mixed fuel. Even checking the plugs it seems to be running very rich on oil. I started doing some research and think that the previous owner did not bypass the oil injection system properly. I am not at all familiar with injection oil systems but have extensive knowledge with 2 strokes( thanks to my father).
    So I have a few questions
    1. Does the oil injection system on a DT 9.9 inject 2 stroke oil into the crank case near the oil pump?
    2. What are the oil ports and hoses for on the motor( adjacent from the oil pump)?
    3. Is it necessary to actually bypass the oil injection system?
    4. What is the best method to bypass the oil injection system?

All of the oil injection components besides 2 hoses and the 3 way connector are still there so I could easily hook it back up. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I'm not real sure of the exact location of the oil injection nozzles for your motor, but yes, normally oil is injected at the crankcase, as well as the intake manifold under the carb(s).
    I couldn't tell you what hoses you're referring to? Are the hoses connected to the oil pump, is the oil tank still on the motor?
    If poor idle, and running too rich, is the oil system still functioning?

If the oil system is still connected, is it possible both mixing oil, and injecting oil are putting too much oil into cylinders? Do not cut back on mixing oil, unless you are certain oil is being provided by injection system, by marking and measuring oil being used from the tank.

OR, is the idle fuel-air mixture screw adjusted incorrectly, air pas-sages dirty, blocked and not letting air mix with fuel at low speeds properly?

The idle air-fuel mixture pas-sages and adjustment screws must be soaked thoroughly clean and blown out with good air pressure to provide proper air-fuel mixture during idling. The amount of air is set by the jet, but the fuel is adjusted by the air-fuel mixture screw adjustment. Check the manual on its proper setting, then don't change it again.

i don't believe it is a good thing to remove the oil system if working, but if done correctly, and no vaccum leaks, I believe it is ok. I don't know if you have a flow switch on your pump that tells the computer there is an oil problem ('94 model)?

Good luck, post back on what you find out.
    Last edited by Solarman; 12-09-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X