DF200 Starting Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200 Starting Problem

I have a DF200 that when started the engine will rev to 1500 rpm then stall. If I give it some throttle in neutral when starting it won't stall out.
    Any idea's?

Thanks

IAC valve is faulty.

If you are up to doing maintenance and repairs yourself, I gather it is not too hard to replace.

Search IAC valve replacement (do an advanced search here on this forum) and you will find more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin Blues View Post
      I have a DF200 that when started the engine will rev to 1500 rpm then stall. If I give it some throttle in neutral when starting it won't stall out.
      Any idea's?

Thanks
      ;;;;;It could be an iac problem, but before you replace it disconnect your batteries and charge them and start the engine on both batteries. The ecu's don't like low battery voltage and I think your engine runs a four pin stepper motor type iac valve, not the two pin plunger type valve.

Comment

I'm with red on this one. That's the exact symptoms that my DF150 displayed when the start battery got even a little bit weak. It was what prompted me to write about the white wire several years back. My problem ended up not being the white wire, but a weak battery. I have since reworked how the battery power is allocated and how the batteries are charged. And I always top them off with a battery charger when the fishing trip is done.

I had also suspected the IAC at first, even removed it to check it out. But it was pretty obvious that it was not the cause of the problem. On start, the engine would rev to 1500-2000 RPM, hover there for a couple seconds and shut down.
        Last edited by Harper; 08-30-2016, 08:26 PM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
        X