X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Sensor 34830-87JA0 DF50 Build 2001

Hello,

I have a question for Temperature Sensor 34830-87JA0 :

If the sensor with the black cap installed or the protective cap must be removed ?

Thank you for your response,

Best regards from Germany

Michel

When you removed your old sensor, was the cap on it?

I think it should be removed. Otherwise, the cap may come off and lodge in the motor causing lots of problems. It is probably a protective cap for new sensors while in the box.

But you can call the supplier, where you ordered it and ask to be sure.

Comment

not a cap .part of sensor ,it should not come off,if so you need a new one.

Comment

Hello,

Looking for the cause of a Temp Alarm at hight rpm on my BF30 2002, I took off the temp sensor (34830-87JAO) and there was no black cap at the tip of the sensor.
        I made the test with hot water and a multimeter and the sensor look in speck (good)

Is the black cap part of the sensor OR a protective plastic

Still looking for the problem.
        No marine mecanic around here to help me.

Last edited by coteno; 09-09-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coteno View Post
          Hello,

Looking for the cause of a Temp Alarm at Hight rpm on my BF30 2002, I took off the temp sensor (34830-87JAO) and there was no black cap at the tip of the sensor.
          I made the test with hot water and a multimeter and the sensor look in speck (good)

Is the black cap part of the sensor OR a protective plastic

Still looking for the problem.
          No marine mechanic around here to help me.
          Hi Coteno, I'm having some issues with HOT Alarm, essentially when I throttle down after coming from a run at 5900 rpm, don't know why. We opened the engine, channels look good, very thin scaling that really represents no issue, so I decided to go for the sensor (34830-87JA0 on a Evinrude 50HP 4T the so called EvinSuki outboard) and check it out.
          I noticed that you mention that you tested yours, and wanted to see if you had a reference chart or values to compare it with.... These are the values I got...
          chart.JPG

Comment

Sir Lucciano, cannot help much.
            Sold my Princecraft with the Suzuki outboard. The byer thought he could fix the alarm problem.
            He did fix the issue by working around the water pump impeller.
            Too bad I had to pay a "professional" mechanic that did not diagnose the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X