2006 DF150 Suzuki won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 DF150 Suzuki won't start

My DF150 Suzuki shut down today after traveling about a half mile. The fuel is good and all filters are new. The fuel pump is pumping fuel to the injector fuel rail. I removed one injector while the fuel rail was off and turned the engine over and fuel came out so I know I'm getting fuel to the injectors. I don't think the injectors are getting a signal to open up. I'm getting power to the white wire on the harness at the engine..Any help would be appreciated.

I've had 23 views and no responses to my post. So maybe the viewers were looking for an answer too. Hope this helps someone.. The ECM is bad.

Comment

I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Do you find it hard to believe that its the ECM ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bcribb View Post
          Do you find it hard to believe that its the ECM ?
          ''''''''Yes, if it had of been an A series good chance, shorted iac valves drawing too much current and blowing driver transistors inside the ecu. The reason I did not comment on your first post because there are lots of reasons why an engine can stop running, that would be the last thing that I thought that would have been faulty.
          What tests did you do to come up with a faulty ecu, just because you may have changed it and it ran does not mean that that was the problem.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I checked the fuses, I checked the ignition wires going to the harness at the motor for power with the key on and with the key off. Its getting fuel to the injectors but not out of the injectors. I did pull off my ecu and tried another one and it fired right up. I put my ecu back on and it wouldn't crank. I put the other ecu back on and it fired back up. Could it be something else and maybe my ecu is ok? I'm hoping to figure something out before I spend money on another ecu. Would it be a good test to try my ecu on another engine? I also checked for continuity from my harness at the console back to the harness at the motor. All wires seemed to be fine. I had to charge my battery before I went out to help a friend get his boat off of a sand bar. I put my boat in the water and it started right up.I left it running while I parked my vehicle. It seemed to be running good. I left the ramp and went about a half mile and it shut off and wouldnt start. When I got it back home I tested to see if I was getting fuel to the injectors. Then I tested the wiring on the harness and checked all of the fuses. Everything tested good. I shot a little carb cleaner in the throttle body and it wouldn't hit..
            Last edited by Bcribb; 01-31-2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X