DT6 Carb differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT6 Carb differences

What is the differences on DT6 carbs between long and short shaft? Why cant either work? I think main jet is the only difference?? Two distinct part numbers, Thanks

Not sure why the difference, unless a difference in year models? If they are the same carbs, but different jets, then someone may have changed the jets?

If you give more information, on your motor, and more info on your problem we might have more to give you?

Good luck.

Comment

I am rebuilding a 2001 DT6 short shaft that has been sitting for years and in overall A+ shape. Brownspoint Marine has two carbs listed in their parts list. One for short shaft, and one for long... Also main jets and again one jet for long and one for short. I cant imagine that just 5 inches in shaft length requires a distinctly different carb... also the price between the two is about $60 ... long shaft carb being less expensive. Any reason why I wouldn't be able to buy the long shaft carb and buy the short shaft main jet?

Comment

Just looked up parts, and I see what you're saying. I can't answer your question?
        The motor you're rebuilding does not have a carb (I'm guessing is missing the carb?), and if there is a difference in the two motors other than the long/short shaft length, I can't think of anything that would require different carbs? Or different a different jet?

Good luck. Post back on what you find out.

Comment

Working...
        X