Rebuilding 1994 DT 9.9 Top End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding 1994 DT 9.9 Top End

I thought I would share the current rebuild of my 94 DT 9.9. Before tear down the motor would run but not idle. Compression tests showed 35lbs each side. I was actually impressed I could get it to run. After tear down I have some scoring on the exhaust side of the pistons as usual on side is worse than the other. Good thing is the scoring in the cylinder wall is below the exhaust port. So I should be in the clear. Looks like a new set of pistons and rings and I will reassemble replacing all of the seals. Which bring a up a question what do I need to use to seal the case on reassembly? What is the easiest method to replace the seal in the middle of the crank?
    Last edited by Hansona81; 02-03-2020, 08:02 PM.

I would use what the suzuki service manual specifies for any sealant used. As far as the pistons and rings, they don't sell my parts anymore (1999, dt140's), I've even tried to buy the entire crankshaft assy. No longer available, hope you have better luck. But, make sure you have all parts in hand, before starting this venture. I'm not very familiar with your dt 9.9, but my motors don't use a rubber type seal between the cylinders, it's more like a half ring in a groove for each half of the crankcase.

I also have not found anyone that can disassemble my crankshafts to replace the middle bearings, and connecting rods, even if i could find the parts.

Good luck with your search, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Working...
    X