Intermittent Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Spark

I have a 2002 DF140. I have checked power to the grey wires at the coil packs. I have 13v at each coil pack harness. I made sure all my injectors are working as well. So I hooked up a noid light to each of my coil packs. Turned the motor over. The light blinked 2 times for the top coil, and 3 times for the bottom coil. Then there was nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what would be causing the coils to just stop working ?

Ok. Found the spark related issue. Bad connection on the neg terminal at the battery. Cleaned everything up real good. I can get the motor to run if I spray fuel into the intake. I do not hear the electric fuel pump run when I turn the key on. I do have 12v on the grey wire to the fuel pump. If I can find all fuel pumps and hoses going to replace them. I also see what looks like a small mechanical pump on the back of the motor. Is that what it is ? Like i said this motor has been sitting for a long time.

Comment

I’d suggest you get a genuine Suzuki Service manual, a 2002 engine that has sat for a long time will in all likelihood have a few Gremlins. If there are fuel lines running to “the small mechanical pump” could it be the low pressure fuel pump?

Comment

Murray,

Yes I do believe it is the low pressure fuel pump. I do have a manual. I work a lot. So I don't get a lot of time to work on the motor. I was asking in hopes of a quick response. Ty for responding.

Comment

Working...
        X