Suziki DF90A Water pump change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suziki DF90A Water pump change.

Planning on changing the water pump. Have the manual and looks easy enough. Looking for Suzuki Silicon Seal for mating of the lower unit with the upper. Suzuki doesn't show it on the dealers web
    sites. Is there a locktight product or some other common Silicon Seal that is available? What might it be and where available? I have the water resistant grease for the places called for.
    Thanks Dale

When I did my water pump I had a sealant on hand as per service manual instructions. Once I opened it up there was no evidence of sealant anywhere. I was the first to drop the lower unit since manufacturing. I didn’t put any sealant when I reassembled figuring if Suzuki didn’t use any during manufacturing there is no need for me to use sealant. I have no idea why the service manual wants you to use sealant. I did price out Suzuki sealant but wasn’t prepared to mortgage the house. Permantex make an excellent product which I think is the same company that makes Loctite available at Auto parts stores, can’t hurt to have it on hand incase there is sealant or you want to follow the manual. I would suggest you get some assistance when you drop the lower unit, it’s not light.

Comment

Working...
    X