1985 Suzuki DT55 oil light on, 2 beeps, wont go out of limp mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 Suzuki DT55 oil light on, 2 beeps, wont go out of limp mode

Im currently out on the water and i was driving and the oil flow light came on. Checked the resivoir and the oil was very low. Shut it off and filled it with oil. I pushed the oil reset button and put the cover back on. Now the motor wont go past half throttle without bogging and the oil light still flickers and beeps twice. What did i do wrong? Did i not reset the oil light right? I dont have my manual on me so im not sure the exact procedure to reset it. I have a long way to go back to shore at slow speed so any help would be VERY much appreciated!

It sounds like the flow switch is causing the problem, it might be wise to add a little oil to fuel, to insure cylinders are not missing oil, and limp all the way back in. There is no special reset except pressing your button.

Stay safe, good luck, post back on your problems.

Comment

I made it back to the launch. On the way back it seemed to start accelerating a little more every 10mins on its own. Ran it again today and after cruising around for about 15mins at half speed i was able to slowly work it up to full speed. Not sure if its completely fixed yet but im gonna keep my eye on it. I ordered a new oil filter for it since idk when its been changed, if ever.
      Also, i did look at my plugs and they had oil residue on them and oil is flowing properly.

Comment

It's good you're safely back, and it's good you ordered a new flow oil switch-filter, it could be going bad or intermittent. Make sure your oil level float switch is also reading the oil levels properly too. I would do a few short trips close to home until you're confident motor is working well enough to go the distance again.

Good luck, happy boating.

Comment

Working...
        X