Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF6AS Break-In

Hello,
    Thank you for being a member, since yesterday I am proud owner of a Suzuki DF6AS (With a 300 rubberboat).
    As the engine came new out of the factory to the dealer where I bought it. The dealer gave it a first service.

After 1st run:
    I haven’t read the manual. I took a idle time of 2-3 minutes and did a short trip for about 1 hour. Doing 10% speed, 40% speed and I tried some short bursts at full speed to see plane. But no more than 1-2 minutes.
    After reading the manual, I noticed a break-in periode.
    What should I understand with a break-in?

First 2 hours: Warm up engine for 5 minutes

First 1.5 hour run: no more then 10% speed

Then 1.5 hour run: 50% speed

The last remaining 7 hours various multiple speeds but no longer then 5 minutes full speed.

Yesterday for the 1st time is it bad that I didn’t do a proper warm up? Also. Today I want to go out on the water again.
    My question, I tried full speed but the boat doesn’t go in plane. I have a rubberboat 300 with the Suzuki DF6AS
    I weight up about 130kg. Is this too heavy to go in plane with a 6HP?

My boat is moored in shallow water and depending upon the wind I have to warn mine up idling out and away from shore, not ideal but I have no choice. I wouldn’t worry about it, just don’t go from cold engine to full throttle. Can’t really answer your question about your boat not planing, 130kgs plus the weight of the boat might be asking a lot from a 6HP. Do you trust a lighter friend to try getting the boat on plane?

Comment

Working...
    X