Throttle creep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle creep

I have a sea hunt 232 ultra with a 2009 df200. The top mount throttle will not stick in cruising range. Is there an easy way to adjust the tension. Thanks!

Show us a pic of your top mount throttle, might be helpful?

On most top mount throttles, the cover can be squeezed on two sides to lift up the cover (if not screwed down), depending on model, yours? Once cover is up, should be a screw that can be adjusted for throttle friction (shouldn't turn more than 1/8 - 1/4 turn each adjustment). Do not adjust too tight, a slight amount of friction is usually all that is needed.

Good luck, post back on how it goes.

Comment

Stay with same post for same motor.

If you are NOT using flushing muffs on lower unit, DO NOT START MOTOR to flush. The flush ports at powerhead are only used to flush motor when NOT starting motor. If you start motor you will damage/destroy water pump impeller!

Good luck, post back if other questions.

Comment

Thanks. The top was screwed on. I tightened it and will test tomorrow under power. It took a lot more than I expected and I fear it may be stripped from reading some other posts. I’ll report back tomorrow. As for the flushing, is the front port clogged? Thanks again Solarman.

Comment

Not sure if the front port is clogged, check with others on the difference in the two ports, just aware that you do not run motors using the flush ports, only if using muffs on lower unit.

The throttle friction screw is a spring loaded tensioner, the reason it should only be turned 1/8 to 1/4 turn then tested. Additional turns may be needed, depending on how it was adjusted at set up.

I'm more familiar with the older 2 stroke motors, but there are many owners here that can help.

Good luck, post back if other questions.

Comment

Throttle creep is all taken care of. I had to make about 7-8 turns though. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Glad you got it, I'm a bit shocked it took so many turns, guess set-up was not done when motor was installed?

Good luck, happy boating!!

Comment

Working...
              X