volt meter only reads with one battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volt meter only reads with one battery

I have dual battery's, on battery 2 the volt meter reads the voltage at battery, on battery 1 or both the meter reads about 10 to 11 volts , but voltage at battery reads 13 + - volts.
    2006 225 hp Suzuki.

sounds like a connection problem
    take the wires off the battery clean up any corrosion
    take some sandpaper and wire brush to connectors and posts
    art

Comment

volt meter

all connections at Battery are good. thanks for the reply

Comment

If your boat has a battery switch (selectable for battery 1, battery 2, both, or off), check the terminals and connections on the switch. If all connections on switch are good, you may have a bad switch if only reading from one battery (maybe bad contacts in switch)?

Good luck.

Comment

put the white wire (has a fuse ) too the common post on the battery switch.

Comment

switch issue

I had a similar problem with my switch. Someone had taken apart to clean, and when they reassembled, they put the contact in upside down. Caused me a lot of headache until I took that apart and realized what they had done.

You could also have something connected to battery 1 feed that is draining your system. To pull it down that much it seems like it would be causing more problems.
            2005 ProKat 20 with Suzuki DF200. Tight lines and screaming drags!!

Comment

Remove the switch from the equation, connect a battery, see what it reads, duplicate that for the other battery.
              Ray
              2004 DF50

Comment

Working...
              X