89 dt200 waterflow wiring engine missfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 dt200 waterflow wiring engine missfire

Gidday new to this forum. I've recently brought a dt200 powered ski boat and someone's had all the wiring apart. Am after pictures / diagrams for the water flow sensor wiring. Has a bad miss fire seems almost like 1 banks not firing.

Thanks in advance.
    ​​​

Sounds like it may be running in safe mode from what you say.
    Did you get a Suzuki service manual for this motor, might need one, if all the wiring is damaged.

Being on this side of the computer it is difficult to run through all the possibilities of what might be going on?

Does the motor have a Suzuki monitor guage? Are any lights flashing when key goes on - first on position, not starting? What light, and how many flashes, is it repeating same # flashes?

Need all these questions answered, plus...

Post a few pics of wiring, motor, different views so we can see good details of wires, motor, etc.

Good luck, post back on what you have.

Comment

Thanks heaps for the reply. Does have a monitor gauge put appears to be not wired in along with tacho.I've brought 2 manuals offline and neither of them were clear enough to see the wiring diagram grrr.. I brought the boat hardly running and the previous shop had said it need a new emc. I'm guessing they meant cdi? I ended up finding a blown fuse replaced it and now it starts really well. Just not running on all 6 and back fires out exhaust. I've uploaded a video to YouTube of the wiring in question. Heses the link... https://youtu.be/X5jQADeOCSQ

Thanks again for your reply.
      ​​​​

Comment

Anyone? Before I buy a $150 manual.

Comment

Might try to Google "1989 suzuki dt200 outboard service manual" and see what you find, make sure it is for the right year motor.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X