Wiring 2016 225 4 stroke tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring 2016 225 4 stroke tach

Just got my new motor and dealer did not install the tach, but installed multi function gauge. So trying to install the tach, so do you just unplug the grey and black wire from multi gauge and wire the tach in series to the multi function gauge?

but installed multi function gauge
    I guess you are talking of the Suzuki C10 gauge?

So trying to install the tach
    Can you please be a bit more specific what type of Tach you would like to install?

Chris

Comment

Won't the new multi function Guage operate as a tach too?

I thought you could just add a tach to the display?

I think the display has to have the signal wire for the tach plugged to it for its info?

Good luck.

Comment

I think that there is no tach wire as the tach signal comes by NMEA2000 bus.
        Yes, i think that the C10 multi function gauge has a tach function...
        The non US Multi function gauge is different than the C10 and has also a speedo

I guess that OP want to keep the tach to cover the hole

Chris

Comment

The multi function gauge has no tach, just engine monitors, temp, oil and waer pressure. The tach is 3.5" Suzuki 7000rpm, looks like Faria made, has wire harness with 2 gray, 2 black, and yellow wire is for signal, I see the yellow wire to plug that into from the wire harness. I see there is a 2 black(ground) wires running into monitor and 2 grey(positive) wires running into the monitor, they come from the motor wire harness. So question is do I unplug one wire from harness and hook up the tach grey in series to the monitor and same with the yellow? Not adding any NMEA.

Thanks

Troy

Comment

Can you post a picture of the multi function gauge,
            that would be very helpful to determine what gauge you are taking of?
            Your 2016 225HP 4-stroke should have come either with the square C10 (if you are in the US) or a similar, but with round corners multi function gauges.
            The other gauge would be a a older round, grey SMIS gauge.
            Both of those gauges have tach, you just need to switch the pages.

Chris

Comment

photo

here is a photo of the guage on back side there is pair of grey and black wire that connect into the harness, and a 4 wire plug that goes into harness.
              Attached Files

Comment

Aha, ok, that explains a lot of questions and misunderstandings.

To be honest, i have no idea how to install this analog gauges.

Can you ask your dealer how to install them or to provide you with a copy of the installation manual of this gauges?

Chris

Comment

This gauges is installed the one that is installed on my boat, so since most tachs come with a multi function gauge in them, I am wondering if it is safe to just plug the greys wire from multi gauge in series to the tach, and same with red, these are the pos and neg wire. there is a yellow for tach signal and see it under console for connecting.

Troy

Comment

From what I understand you have a tach without the built in monitor functions, and that's why you also have a monitor gauge. On the monitor gauge; grey should be power, and black is ground. The four pin connector is for the monitor functions received from the engines ecm. On the Suzuki tach the gray wires are power, and the blacks are ground also. They are piggy backed wires so they actually run a parallel circuit to other components. You can use the monitors power and ground to power your tach if you want or vise versa. The yellow should be the tach signal, and only connect to the tach.
                    Last edited by Nayna32; 10-19-2016, 12:44 AM.
                    Henry

Comment

Working...
                    X