DF225 PTT Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF225 PTT Problem

Gents: My New To Me 2006 DF225 (450 hrs) suddenly developed a PTT problem. All system(s) were working until I lowered it (I believe for the first time) all the way down. Now I get nothing going up, complete silence. Going down works fine once manually raised. No motor whine trying to go up from both switches. Motor works fine going down, both switches. I have not checked the fluid level, but believe its good since it works as before going down. The one large fuse on the engine is good. Rechecked the harness connections - all good. Can you suggest other areas to check/troubleshoot? Thanks in advance for your help.

I had a similar issue. 2006 DF 225. Engine would lower but bringing it up from throttle trim switch was iffy. I would keep trying, mashing the trim switch and get it to come up after some tries.
    In the last year, weird things. No trim or tilt from throttle; very low voltage readings at gage; got it running but no charging indicated; big voltage spikes on Gage when trimming engine. Finally, engine died and would not restart.

Bad harness. Low voltage to switch. We bypassed the harness and connected switch to good voltage source.

As a result, the trim and tilt issue was also resolved!

Comment

Originally posted by rcnight View Post
      Gents: My New To Me 2006 DF225 (450 hrs) suddenly developed a PTT problem. All system(s) were working until I lowered it (I believe for the first time) all the way down. Now I get nothing going up, complete silence. Going down works fine once manually raised. No motor whine trying to go up from both switches. Motor works fine going down, both switches. I have not checked the fluid level, but believe its good since it works as before going down. The one large fuse on the engine is good. Rechecked the harness connections - all good. Can you suggest other areas to check/troubleshoot? Thanks in advance for your help.
      Before you spend any money just check your limit switch on the engine pivot, it is wired in series with the up switches meaning if the switch is open nothing will happen when you press either of the up switches.
      It is easy to spot you will see light blue and white wires going into it on the shaft the motor pivots on, it is there so the trim motor will switch off before engine hits the back of the boat.

Comment

Red - spot on. All set to spend some $$$ on a relay assembly. Took a look a the limit switch - was out of alignment. Easy and free fix. Thanks for the assist.

Comment

Dear Red,

I hope that this find you and your family well.

I am positive that tilt problem has been addressed but I just cannot find the actual media solution on any media.

My 2012 DF150 will trim but stops at tilt almost as if a mechanical break is used. I tried opening the air bleed and lifting the engine manually, but we cannot lift it any further. My mechanic is quite a ways distant so trailering is a problem I flipped the hitch to get it home.

Thank You,

Knotnuts2

Comment

Originally posted by knotnuts2 View Post
            Dear Red,

I hope that this find you and your family well.

I am positive that tilt problem has been addressed but I just cannot find the actual media solution on any media.

My 2012 DF150 will trim but stops at tilt almost as if a mechanical break is used. I tried opening the air bleed and lifting the engine manually, but we cannot lift it any further. My mechanic is quite a ways distant so trailering is a problem I flipped the hitch to get it home.

Thank You,

Knotnuts2

Mate I am not sure what you mean, are you saying that it defiantly is not the limit switch and it is something else. Does the trim motor trim the engine up so far then stops, but the trim motor still runs under load, or when it stops the trim motor stops and you hear nothing when you press either of the buttons.
            Give me a bit of history on the motor and when the problem started , gradually or good one day bad the next.

Comment

Problem. Both trim/tilt buttons work fine. Pump motor running. Trim up is fine until it reaches tilt and stops.

My boat was in the shop for a trim issue (bad wire repaired, good mechanic), everything ran fine for two short outings. Sunday while tubing, the engine would only trim not tilt. On my 94 Predator this is not enough to trim properly. When I got back to the dock, I drove onto the trailer, tilting as I approach it and hearing the trim motor. When I was pulled out I could hear the sketch dragging.

We opened the bleed valve on the cylinder and attempted to lift the engine manually and it stops immediately when the trim/tilt area is reached. The trim buttons both operate normally, the engine stops going up as if in a mechanical bind,, but there is nothing physically obstruction.

I checked the schematic and didn’t see any relay to suggest the presence of one.

Hope that this provides sufficient information for a diagnosis.

Thank you again for your quick reply.

RB

Comment

I am hoping it is the limit switch, but unsure how to diagnose. I got a closed reading when I homed it.

Comment

Working...
                X