1999 DF70 5 Flash Code & Revs Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 DF70 5 Flash Code & Revs Limits

Hi All, just hoping to get some help on my 1999 DF70, it’s currently got the check engine light on after I serviced it. So after observing the check engine light, this is the actual flash code....5 flashes pause 5 flashes pause (continuously), the buzzer on the other hand is 1 buzz pause...1 buzz pause (continuously). It does this with just the ignition on and when engine is running. I couldn’t find the code on my repair manual code list. Tested it out on the water and the revs limits to 3400rpm. It idles ok and revs up ok up to 3400rpm where it then limits like it’s in safe mode. Is there a way to maybe reset/clear the fault codes without a computer or will this need to go to dealer indefinitely?

So it’s really got me on this one Hope someone is able to help. See below list of things recently replaced and maintenance carried out,

Engine Oil Change
    Gearbox oil change
    Timing Belt & Adjusted Valve Clearance
    Battery
    Battery cables
    Starter Motor
    Water Pump
    Thermostat
    Pressure Valve
    Cooling System Flushed
    Fuel Water Separator
    Fuel line & Primer Bulb
    High Pressure Fuel Pump
    Has Fresh Fuel

with the extensive repairs you preformed, I can only suggest to double check the connections to all the sensors. The engine is failing to receive a signal from one of the many and throwing an error code the limits the RPM
    Start with the oil pressure switch- strictly a guess on my part.
    Art

Comment

Thanks for the reply Art much appreciated, I have unplugged every single sensor and carried out resistance test, all readings within spec as per Suzuki manual. Also unplugged all connections, cleaned with contact cleaner and blew out with shop air. All connections showed no signs of corrosion including plugs at the ECM. Reconnected all sensors and connections but still failed to clear the code. Soon as ignition is on the check engine light is on straight away and flashes 5 times continuously. I think I’m just about out of ideas as to what to check next.

Comment

Are you saying that the check engine light only come on after you serviced it, did you do all that work before the light come on or after. Resistance checks are good for certain things but voltage drop testing the live circuit is better.
        Can you do some voltage drop tests at the computer with the key on, on these pin numbers, use pin11 for your ground on your meter use a thin pin to slide down into the computer pins. Pin 7 exhaust temp, pin 9 cyl temp, pin 31 iat, pin 23 oil pressure, these sensors will limit rpm if they are out of scale. I don't know what five straight flashes represents, have you got the Suzuki monitor system, or the yami merc monitor.

The earliest workshop manual I have is 2003

Comment

Working...
        X