Flushing A DF50??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing A DF50??

I tried searching here and Google but no concrete info.... I have 2006 DF50 4 stroke, that is kept in the water on my 15' Dauntless... Trimmed up obviously. The only info in my manual is to use muffs and duct tape underside of water pickup above the prop (see 2nd pic) BUT I assume this is not doable with the motor lowered into the water to be able to run it as needed like it were on the trailer.

Any advice to flush salt water when the boat is kept in the water?? The only other thing I saw was a small port on the lower unit that says "flush" (see 1st pic) which I think is below the water pump and IDK if it can be ran under water with a hose attached (duct taping the high water pick up"

Attached Files

The manual info is correct, tape the inlet above the prop, just make sure you pull it off after, I believe it just allows more water pressure from the muffs .

Comment

Originally posted by tommybe1 View Post
      The manual info is correct, tape the inlet above the prop, just make sure you pull it off after, I believe it just allows more water pressure from the muffs .
      Damn. Thought maybe there was another option... Thanks though

What is the purpose of the "FLUSH" in the lower unit I pictured then??

Comment

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/96...?page=4#manual

The above link is a service manual for your engine however the manual usual states on the first page what year it covers, this does not. I flipped through it and it does give specifications for 2006. Scroll through to verify year

Comment

I checked the service manual, didn't see anything listed as flush valve, bolt, etc. I'm going to work on my boat tomorrow, 2005 df50 will check and see if I have one. Kinda looks like where I drain the lower unit oil, but hard to tell, i'll let you know.

Comment

Thanks for the replies... I ended up flushing it per the manual with the duct tape on the high water pickup and muffs on the lower intake. Turned the water on, and lowered the drive, started and flushed it.. Tasted the water out of the pisser and wasn't salty, so its getting a good flush. Just seems to be crazy lower the drive into the water to flush.... If anyone comes up with an alternative where it doesnt have to be lowered into the water and started to flush Id appreciate it...

Comment

Looked at mine, have the same flush plug, but can't find anything in the manual about it. I see browns has an adapter for a hose and threaded on the other side which I'm thinking might be another way to flush it, if you find out any info on it please post back.

Comment

Working...
              X