DF 140 3:2 code issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 140 3:2 code issue

My engine is running great but lately when I rapidly drop the RPM the 3:2 code is triggered sometimes it just stops other times it continues to go off and I cant clear it right away. Yesterday I took what I think is the MAP sensor out cleaned the electrical contacts there was clean oil on the plastic tube (is that normal?) cleaned all that up. Lately there is also a small amount of sheen on the water that seem to be coming from the engine flush water when i tilt the engine back are the 2 related? mechanics are still not working engine has 1900 hr on it and tuna are herein so cal already !!
    Thanks for your help while i wait for the mechanic

suzuki.jpg
    Attached Files

What year model is engine. I can't speak for the 3-2 code, but if you have a 2007 - 2010 DF140 there is a plate inside the engine holder that can corrode and cause an oil leak. The leak drips out where the engine holder bolts attach to transome. Search, Oil Leak (thread name), date 11-18-2017, User name Troutmaster, for description of issue. Good luck.
    Briscoe

Comment

Engines are 2012 oil isn't leaking from the transom just a trace that is coming out of the flush water when i tilt the engines back down into the water Oil level is unchanged and full for 100hrs now
      thanks
      Joe

Comment

First think is to check the simple easy stuff - eg the engine oil filter, to make sure its seated properly and not leaking around the seal.

Be careful when fitting oil filters. They should only be hand tightened (and not by a gorilla), tightening with a tool may damage them and cause a crease, which is then likely to spring a leak, its been known to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by saltierdog View Post
          My engine is running great but lately when I rapidly drop the RPM the 3:2 code is triggered sometimes it just stops other times it continues to go off and I cant clear it right away. Yesterday I took what I think is the MAP sensor out cleaned the electrical contacts there was clean oil on the plastic tube (is that normal?) cleaned all that up. Lately there is also a small amount of sheen on the water that seem to be coming from the engine flush water when i tilt the engine back are the 2 related? mechanics are still not working engine has 1900 hr on it and tuna are herein so cal already !!
          Thanks for your help while i wait for the mechanic

suzuki.jpg
          ''''''''''' Mate that is the camshaft sensor, the map sensor bolts onto the inlet manifold.
          What is probably happening with the map sensor when you close the throttle quickly, the signal voltage is sticking at the position it was at before you closed the throttle.
          If it mas mine I would pull all the covers off and have a good look around for an oil leak, if there is none make sure it is not coming from the prop, if it is sounds like oil cooler.

Comment

I should of added, if you find the map sensor and pull it off, make sure the little hole in the manifold is not blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
              ''''''''''' Mate that is the camshaft sensor, the map sensor bolts onto the inlet manifold.
              Hi redlowrey
              thanks for pointing that out if you have a moment can you point me to a photo or schematic of where the MAP sensor is ?
              I'm having trouble locating a photo of where it is a google image search came up with that
              thanks
              Joe

Comment

Working...
              X