What year is my outboard and what impeller do I need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year is my outboard and what impeller do I need

Hi there could any one inform me what year my outboard is from as I can't find a similar model online and also I've not used it it for about 4 and a half years and don't know what impeller I need for the water pump. I've made some changes where I've added a generic fuel and and a makeshift choke lever and a pull cord cut off.
    Thanks for the help
    Steve
    Attached Files

It's a 30hp engine, I hoping to get it running later

Comment

From the number just above the sticker (what I can make out, it appears to say ... ___ 300-10892?), and probably will be a 1981 model dt 30. Or possibly earlier (maybe even 1971?), but the first number after 300 usually indicates the year, and the earliest years parts are listed at Browns Point is 1983. The 1983 model dt30 looks different than yours.

What impeller to use is a guess, unless you remove yours and try to match it up?

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Cheers, just got it running although it's cuts out idling after about a minute or three, it's starts up first pull again though. The water seems it be pumping through the engine nicely so doesn't appear to have gone brittle etc. The only number is DT 300-10892. No other number suggesting a year of manufacture. I guess if it goes then I'll have to go to marine bizarre which is a local retail for boating parts etc to try and match up a impeller.
        Cheers for the inform roughly where I need to look.

Comment

Here is a link to the forum resource on serial numbers/years.

also includes color info.

May help you figure out the year, and then you can go to the Find Suzuki Parts link on the forum and search for parts to suit.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...5&d=1583952114

Comment

Cheers I just had a good read through but the only number I see that corresponds with the serial number DT-300 10892 would be the 1 suggesting the year 1981?

Comment

Working...
            X