2013 df60a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 df60a

I have a 2013 Suzuki DF60A, that has roughly 180hrs on it. Keep the boat on the water and use it very often and never had any problems with it. The boat set for almost 3 months with no use and yesterday took it out and it would hesitate and not go above 3K rpm in gear or neutral, starts to shake as if its not getting fuel. No check engine lights or codes shown. Tried pumping fuel bulb as I was revving it but same issue. Pretty sure its a fuel issue, but not sure where to start. Fuel tank was filled fresh in 3 months ago with stabil in it. Any thoughts?

Rev limiter in neutral will not let it go over 3,000
    Really sounds like a fuel issue
    Even with gas only 3 months old would check for water - moisture can build up quickly
    Depending on your tank configuration if you can take the fuel out (run it through your car) and refill it
    Check the inline fuel filter under the cowling for both moisture and when running that it is not drawing air- an indication of a loose fuel hose connection
    Gas tank venting can be an issue if it is closed or plugged up with say a spider
    Drain the fuel out of the high pressure pump -check quality again no moisture

The high pressure fuel pump does have another filter that should be inspected

See if any of those might clear up the problem and report back
    Art

Comment

Thanks Art! I am pretty certain it is a fuel issue as well. I checked the vent and it is good. I need to pull it out of the water to check the fuel filters later this week. Will post what I find.

Comment

It is still possible the neutral safety switch is hung-up (stuck) in neutral position, thinking it is stuck in neutral. The shaking is common when limiting cuts out cylinders to limit rpm's and prevent over revving. Just a thought.

Good luck, post back when able when you find what it is.
        Last edited by Solarman; 10-26-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks, any idea where the neutral safety switch is located on this motor. I can check the service manual when I get home. I did run down this morning, and started it and it was acting the same, cutting out in gear or in neutral. Let it fast idle for a good 5 minutes and then it stopped and would'nt even start back up. Fuel filter is full of fuel, did not have a chance to remove it yet, looks like I am going to have to load up on trailer to do any work.

Comment

The neutral switch. should be where the shift cable connects to the engine - under the engine cover, usually, starboard side about 1/3 way back from the front
            you have the throttle control cable and the shift cable are both close together
            look at the cam that the shift cable is connect to and you will see the switch
            you can play with the linkage and see where the switch needs to be when it is centered..
            Art..

Comment

Working...
            X