No announcement yet.

Engine won't rev when connected to C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a nice package. The Simrad gear is great. And having the engine data enables some neat stuff on TripIntel too. I like it a lot on my GO7xse.

The Suzuki - Simrad (navico) cable only works with 2016 and newer, according to the specifications. Havent heard of anyone trying it with earlier motors and I think chances of it working with pre 2008 engines is next to zero. Due to different sw design interfaces needed on the earlier engines. - Highly likely that the Connect cable runs .swup design later than V2.9.

Gee it would be interesting to swap back to the SMIS instead of the C10’s....and see what happens... But, why???

Yes its worth a shot downgrading the C10’s to the earliest version. Might miraculously solve it !!

Mike at Outboard Specialties has done more Suzuki network installs than most, might be worth contacting him to see if he’s has ever come across anything similar?

Comment

So I let it run overnight with 'key on', old C10 software, everything hooked up.

I woke up and had dashes on both of my c10 screens. I'm obviously not sure when it happened, but I did have over 1500 fast packet errors on my nmea network. I turned the key off, and back on, and everything immediately worked again. Maybe I just have a few bad cables...

The next the next thing I'll do is separate the networks again, add the gs25 compass, and let it sit with the key on to see if I lose data again.

If these interface cables werent impossible to find, I'd swap them. Obviously not an option. Someone needs to replicate them!

Comment

I was doing some more reading, and read about the Suzuki Engine Connect cable.
        I read that the Simrad will display a 'suzuki' icon and Suzuki gauges when connected using this cable.

Oddly enough, my Simrads both have Suzuki Gauge Panels as an option under 'features' despite the lack of the 'Suzuki Engine Connect' cable. I wonder if this is confusing the system...

Comment

You get the Suzuki icons because you have the C-10’s on the network.

When you add or take devices from the network are you then running an auto detect for data sources? I would do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
            You get the Suzuki icons because you have the C-10’s on the network.

When you add or take devices from the network are you then running an auto detect for data sources? I would do that.
            Moonlighter,

Every time I add/remove, I auto-source it.
            I reached out to Mike at Outboard Specialties. He said he has had issues like this with the older engines while trying to run them through C10s/NMEA.

One thing he did question, which we haven't even been over yet, is the software loaded on the interface cables. It is version 2.3.0 RR30D.
            I am pretty sure this is upgradeable to 2.8 or 2.9, isn't it? It's the older ones that can't be changed, right? I wonder if that would help...

Another thing I noticed - the serial #'s on the Interface cables are odd.

Port: 18446744073709551615
            Stbd: 1623024

Seems odd that one is so many more digits than the other...

Let me know what you think about the interface software. I should've looked that up in the beginning!

Comment

Interface software version 2.30 is the preferred version for a 2007 engine, its perfect and I wouldn't contemplate changing it at all.

2.8 and 2.9 are very unlikely to play nicely with a 2007 engine. I would not recommend them, no.

Does seem odd to have serial numbers so different, but to be honest I have never taken much notice of them.

Did you try attaching the GPS puck antenna to the Suzuki side? Sounds like options are narrowing down to something like that....

Comment

I currently have it setup with the GPS puck only. I haven't run it yet...but will update when I do.

For what it's worth, mike from Outboard Specialties said "try to get a hold of moonlighter"

Thanks for trying!

Comment

Haha!

Its looking like one of those weird anomaly’s that nobody can really explain - perhaps due to the C-10 interface that adds the Suzuki icon to the Simrad MFD’s??? We may never really know ....

I run a GO7xse and Lowrance HDS Gen 3 on my network, with Interface version 2.5.0 and a 2010 engine but don’t have C-10’s, I run analogue gauges, and things work just fine and dandy.

I think we have tried just about everything?

So, let me know how things go with the GPS puck added to the Suzuki network. Fingers crossed things work as expected.

If that works OK then I think its going to be best to leave it as 2 separate networks.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                    Haha!

Its looking like one of those weird anomaly’s that nobody can really explain - perhaps due to the C-10 interface that adds the Suzuki icon to the Simrad MFD’s??? We may never really know ....

I run a GO7xse and Lowrance HDS Gen 3 on my network, with Interface version 2.5.0 and a 2010 engine but don’t have C-10’s, I run analogue gauges, and things work just fine and dandy.

I think we have tried just about everything?

So, let me know how things go with the GPS puck added to the Suzuki network. Fingers crossed things work as expected.

If that works OK then I think its going to be best to leave it as 2 separate networks.
                    Moonlighter,

Ran the boat about 100mi yesterday over about 5hrs, and never had a hiccup with engine data.
                    Current setup is as follows:

'Engine NMEA 2K Network':
                    C10 (port)
                    C10 (stbd)
                    Interface (port)
                    Interface (stbd)
                    GS25 GPS

Everything else is on a separate network.

I lose functionality of the Suzuki Page on the Simrad, and lack of real time MPG on my simrad displays, but at least I can see it on the C10.

So, not fixed, but good enough!

Comment

I guess we have to put it down to compatibility issues between C-10, older engines/interfaces, and new Simrads.

Its a bummer because I really like the Simrad TripIntel feature!

Anyway thanks for the update, pleased to hear things are playing nicely together with the new puck installed.

Comment

Ran 100 more miles on Thursday, 9hrs of run time, and no hiccups.
                        It was rough out...and a lot of "throttle jockeying" going on to soften the ride. Ran great!

Comment

Working...
                        X