No announcement yet.

Df30atlw2 engine interface cable where do I plug in the ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusing! Thanks for the help, I'll get the right adapter ordered.

Comment

build your own here is a like to the connectors https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pr...oducts_id/5301

Comment

Just wanted to update that I did get the adapter cable here, and it did work, thanks for the help. Looks like I might need a different prop, only reaching 5700.

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...S-38p63581.htm

I wasn't able to get any trim feedback though. Does anyone know offhand where the trim sensor plug is?

Edit:. I don't think I have a trim sender. Has anyone tried to add one, or have a picture of where it goes? Thanks.
        Last edited by Mrveedo; 09-08-2021, 05:06 PM.

Comment

There may or may not be a trim plug…. Some tiller steer models apparently dont come with them….

To find it if its there, take the cowl off and look down around the front of the engine, it can be tucked in there and hard to find even on engines that do have them.

Also, try following the wires from the trim switch on the side of the engine.

Comment

From the trim control switch? I didn't see anything that looked like it would be sending feedback for position. Maybe it doesn't come with the sender either?

Comment

Does your engine have a trim switch on the port side, near the front just below the line of the cowl? Eg so you can trim it up and down when the boat is on the trailer and you are standing beside the motor?

What I am saying is if it does have that switch, follow the wires from the back of the switch and it may help you to find the trim plug harness connection, if it exists.

By the way, only engines that have power trim n tilt will be likely/possible to have the trim indicators. The ones with gas assist etc wont.
              Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-09-2021, 02:39 AM.

Comment

My trim controls are on the tiller handle. Wires go to the front and connectors are clipped in. But nothing that will connect to the harness. I just don't see any sort of lever or position sensor on the motor, but I also have no clue where it would be.

Comment

Working...
                X