DT225 High Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT225 High Idle

I have a pair of 2003 DT225's on my 1988 28 ft Proline that I am restoring. The boat is currently blocked in my yard so I'm only running using muffs and/or service port. The engines are idling well above 1000 rpm, anywhere from 1200 - 1800 rpm in neutral. I have the factory service manual and it shows the idle should be 600-700 RPM, in gear and I assume in the water. I don't see anywhere in the manual where it discusses adjusting the idle speed. I realize the idle will likely be lower once I put it in the water and the prop has the water load, so my question is do I need to be concerned with the idle speeds I am seeing of 1200 to 1800 rpm (depends on the motors mood of the day it seams) or not concern myself till I have it in the water with a load? Either way, is there anyway to adjust the idle speed on these injected motors or is all up to the computer?

TIA,
    -Izzy

The service port is meant to flush motors while NOT running! Use the muffs if running motors, otherwise you might damage the water pump impellers.
    There may be a low idle stop set screw on the throttle linkage, before the VST? But not sure on the 03 year model. Refer to the manual to adjust low idle.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X