1988 dt150 Water alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 dt150 Water alarm?

New member here. Thanks in advance for the help!

My dt150 has been running great. Last trip out the left water alarm came on during idle. Motor revved normal with no issues. Tell-tale was running water stream like normal so we kept fishing. Alarm came on every time the motor was on but no motor issues. Got back to the ramp to load up and lost rpm for a few seconds, both right and left alarms came on for a few seconds, then right back to normal.

What should I do? Not a mechanic in the least but pretty handy with instructions. Watched a few videos on how to change the impeller kit and thinking about trying that unless other suggestions here.

Sounds like a good motor flush might be helpful, with vinegar or other anti-corrosion cleaner for 1-2 hours in a large container?

If the tell tale is good, then i would flush first, even use a temp gun pointed at different areas of the power head to see what area's getting hot as you are flushing. Make sure the water level always stays above the water pump when flushing, and you might only be able to flush for 20-30mins at a time, allowing water to cool between runs.

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Thanks Solarman. Performed the vinegar motor flush yesterday and took the boat for a run after. Flushed out a few tiny pebbles but nothing else. Motor never got hot during the flush or after a few 10-15 minute runs on the lake. Still getting the alarm. Tell tale is good.

Of note, the alarm comes on immediately after start up. Not sure if that means anything but seemed odd to me.

Replace impeller next? Or disconnect the alarm sound, that beeping is driving me crazy!!!

Comment

Check wiring, wire connections, and sensors, all the way up to the monitor gauge. Any broken, or damaged or loose wires need to be repaired. Any dirty corroded connections need to be cleaned. Once that is all checked test sensors by manual, if not good by the manual, replace sensor(s). If sensors are not reading by the service manuals values, they may be going bad.

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Working...
        X