2008 df 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 df 300

I need help I have a df 300 been to the shop 5 times for not starting complete fuel system replaced all sensors crank trigger injectors plugs ecm u name it dealer can’t figure it out either it will randomly start and run perfectly may get a trip or two fishing and the next time it just cranks and no start plenty of fuel pressure has a spark I don’t get it next step is in the dash I guess has anyone had a issue like this very frustrated at this point I have twin engines so we have swapped every possible thing from other engine and still no dice help me please

There can't be much wrong if it runs perfect one day and won't start the next, a little bit of history will help, like did the problem start over night or gradually got harder and harder to start.
    Does it make any difference hot or cold.
    Usually it is much easier to find a problem when an engine won't start, than one that has an intermittent problem and never seems to be there when you look at it.

Did you change the throttle body assembly, if you didn't pull the cover off so you can see the throttle plate, get some one to turn the key on and look to see if the throttle opens, it should open around 16%,
    the only way that the engine can get enough air at start up is when the computer opens the throttle.

Comment

Ok a lil history I carried the boat for starboard engine needed new interface cable for gauge I told them while u have it throw some new filters and spark plugs on both engines so I call and ask if it’s done ready for pick up and dealer says no the port motor won’t start I said what it was running fine when I brought it to you he said I know so now I’m pissed of course but anyways now we are three weeks into this swapped every part on motor that u could possibly change throttle body included and leak down test no start still only thing left is when he went in dash to change interface cable for starboard engine and maybe knocked something loose mechanic says no but I don’t know what else it could be honestly oh and we checked voltage throughout harness as well for 12 volts

Comment

It sounds like you might have a problem with the can bus communication line between the bcm and ecu, but it could be a coincidance too. If you have spark and sure you have fuel being injected as well as good fuel pressure it should start unless the throttle is not opening or too much fuel or not enough. Make sure that the throttle is being commanded to open when you turn the key on, your throttle is fully electronic.
        It does not have an iac valve to bypass air it has to open to get air.

Comment

I will pass on the info about bcm and yes I have confirmed pressures and throttle body swap thanks for the reply I will keep you posted

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the input took 3 weeks and a lot of foul language but we found it was the temp sensor reading zero degrees so she was flooding motor out

Comment

Working...
            X