DF115A Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115A Starter

I have a 2018 DF115A that recently lost the starter motor. There's a new starter on order (31100-92J00) but will take 12 days to get. I was hoping to use the boat next week on an upcoming trip and have access to a starter from an earlier 2012 DF115 model. The part number on that starter is 31100-90J01. Physically, it appears that it will mount to the block and the wire connections are the same as well. Does anyone know if using the older starter for a temporary solution will cause any issues?

If it mounts the same, wiring is the same, tooth count & dia. on the drive gear are the same what's the diff? lube up where the drive gear slides on the armature shaft & go fishing

Comment

Thanks for the advice Tsturm. You are right, I better check the tooth count and the diameter of the drive gear before I bolt it on. If that matches, I will lube up the armature shaft and go fishing!

Comment

So I mounted the starter with the older part number (31100-90J01) and it was a direct fit and functioned perfectly. The only thing that I noticed was the rubber damper that goes around the bottom of the starter was a little loose. (see picture attached) The end cap diameters on the starter motors are different between the two. I suppose one could order the damper that fits that starter seeing it has a different part number. I plan on mounting the correct starter when it comes in and will only use this one as a temporary solution. Thought I'd update this post for anyone who might run into it in the future.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X