Overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating

Hi all, I am a new user, I own an older model DT150 carb engine mounted on a scimitar 180 hull. I have been using this vessel for a long period of time but have now found that it is overheating on the right hand head. How do I test the thermostats and what are the precautions for running without a thermostat? I know that it is that side as the head has melted the flow sensor located in the middle of it.

Not real familiar with DT
    The DF the thermostat is located on port side
    One way of testing it is to place it in water and heat using a thermometer until it opens - and when you get it out a visual inspection may tell you a lot
    However there may be a few other things to check as well
    In my model there is a pressure relief valve to check if it were to get stuck open with debris you would not get full pressure water to the heads
    Water pump? When was the last time you serviced and replaced the impeller ?
    And it might be important to get a copy of the full service manual
    Art

Comment

So apparently you think the thermostat is the cause? If so, it is wise to replace the thermostat, and the sensor. Then if all is well, you're on your way.

If this doesn't correct your problem, then more work to find the problem is wise. You might have blockages in the water pas-sages causing those cylinders to overheat. A simple vinegar flush may help.

You didn't mention how old you motor was, but it sounds as though it has served you well. The control module on these motors rely on the thermostat and sensors to function properly.

Post back when able to let us know how it's going. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X