Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hit a board on my boat lift. Any concern regarding prop shaft damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit a board on my boat lift. Any concern regarding prop shaft damage?

I am on river and have a debris diverting board on the back of my boat lift that faces upstream. I was all the way trimmed down and goosed the throttle a bit while backing off and hit the plywood board. There was some minor damage to the plywood about an 1/8" deep where the prop hit in a few spots. There is no damage to the stainless prop. My engine is a 2006 Suzuki DF200. Everything seems fine, but I am always paranoid after hitting something with my boat.

Is it safe to assume since there is no damage to the prop and the motor appears fine that the prop shaft is good as well? The things I lose sleep over lol....

To be safe you would want to check the prop shaft for run out (eg that its not bent).

Comment

You should be able to spin the prop by hand, motor off, and in neutral to see if the prop/shaft wobbles, any amount of wobble in the shaft is not good. If any wobble is noticed, show to your dealership for thier thoughts.

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

A picture speaks a thousand words.There appears to be no new vibrations. Here are a couple of pictures and a video of me spending the prop. I circled the damage to the plywood where the propeller hit.

Youtube video: https://youtu.be/aGgiIEZDfWY
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X