Fuel leak coming out of prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel leak coming out of prop

Hi, i have a 2008 DF50 EFI 4-stroke. I recently took apart the VST an cleaned it all out. After re-installing I noticed fuel was leaking out of the Prop while running on the ear muffs on the garden hose. I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what may cause this. I feel like i possibly put the water hose lines on the wrong fittings or something of that nature. I can't find any photos online of where the hoses for the water inlet and outlet leading to the VST come from. If anyone has this motor and would be able to help out it would be appreciated. If possible would you be able to post some photos of where the two water hoses that connect to the VST on the bottom connect to the engine would help also. Thanks !

These two lines are the ones of question for me
    Attached Files

Comment

I would look for the drain hose at the bottom of the VST, and see if your drain hose is leaking fuel while it is running on muffs first. If it's not the drain leaking fuel, then continue with your original thoughts.

If it is leaking fuel, then possibly your float, or float setting is over-filling the VST?

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Check for fuel leaking at mechanical fuel pump. - fuel can leak into oil sump via a leak in diaphragm - easy to repair. - check that oil level is not increasing with gas - the gas can then find its way down to prop area and show up as sheen in water. - also smells. - had it happen to my 2007. Df 50

Comment

Working...
        X