Hey All,

I have twin 07’ DF300’s and I’m having some
    issues with my starboard motor.

Im getting the following codes:
    3-1
    3-2
    8-2
    Check shift control

Both motors will run but the starboard is running a little rough and won’t shift. Port is fine, no issues or codes.

Ive gone through the engine for loose connectionsand the wiring harnesses and haven’t found any issues. I did replace the seal on the gear driven holder over the winter which involves taking the power head off however everything was taken apart and put back together per the manual.

I’ve also swapped ECM’s and map sensors with the port motor and reinitialized the system. I’m getting the same error codes.

Voltage at both engines is 12.6V. Batteries are new and correct CCA, etc.

Sort of lost as to what to do next. Suzuki support in my area is very poor and have made several calls to dealers without success.

Any help or direction is much appreciated.

Multiple false codes is very often a voltage issue. A corroded battery cable Poor battery connection, or a corroded white wire are good places to start investigating.

Comment

Thank you.

All that has been checked. Terminals cleaned, new batteries, white wire checked.

Comment

Did you check resistance on main battery cables?

Comment

I have not but will do tomorrow and will report back. Thank you for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by MWOCNJ View Post
            Hey All,

I have twin 07’ DF300’s and I’m having some
            issues with my starboard motor.

Im getting the following codes:
            3-1
            3-2
            8-2
            Check shift control

Both motors will run but the starboard is running a little rough and won’t shift. Port is fine, no issues or codes.

Ive gone through the engine for loose connectionsand the wiring harnesses and haven’t found any issues. I did replace the seal on the gear driven holder over the winter which involves taking the power head off however everything was taken apart and put back together per the manual.

I’ve also swapped ECM’s and map sensors with the port motor and reinitialized the system. I’m getting the same error codes.

Voltage at both engines is 12.6V. Batteries are new and correct CCA, etc.

Sort of lost as to what to do next. Suzuki support in my area is very poor and have made several calls to dealers without success.

Any help or direction is much appreciated.
            If your engine is running rough that will explain the map sensor code, 8.2 is for electronic shift actuator, have you had it disconnected, did these problems start only after you worked on the engine.
            Was the engine running fine before you worked on it,
            Have you done any voltage drop testing on the shift motor and relay, because they don't sound like random codes to me , explain a bit more about what you done to the engine.

Comment

Working...
            X