Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Nope, got nothing else to add here ....
    Darn, well thanks anyway. Nearest dealer is 2 1/2 hours away. Going to take it to a local mechanic. Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out.

Comment

See my post above. In R the prop cavitates in F prop bites & too much bite & or too much weight

Comment

Did you just call me fat? What prop would you suggest at 4700 ft?

Comment

I made an ASSumption. Prop is 10 1/2x12.

Comment

Go down 2" in pitch & try it? & nope to assume makes an ass of U & me you only made the first part
            Good puck on your project might need more motor?

Comment

as tsturm says, I would try a prop with less pitch. Sounds like 2 inches might not be enough

Comment

Maybe it is weight after all. I put it on muffs and gave it a quick rev (don't need criticism it's over) and it went up to 6000 in forward gear. I weigh about 220. I don't think the back is overly heavy other than myself. I'm going to regelcoat the boat this winter. As of right now the bottom is definitely chaulky. Here is the height of the motor. What prop size should I go? I know nothing.
                95303213-B137-4D71-99A8-F55473376CD3.jpeg
                Last edited by trizzle; 06-26-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Drill a hole in the floor near the transom (Somewhere where the hull is foam cored) & check for water soaked foam. Whalers are famous for putting on weight as they get older If no water in the foam fill the hole with thickened epoxy & look elsewhere.
                  Last edited by tsturm; 06-26-2020, 11:36 PM.

Comment

I have a 9” pitch aluminum prop for a 25-30HP motor which you’re welcome to borrow for the cost of shipping. I live in the US - North Alabama. The 25 is delivered with an 11 pitch prop I believe, and the 30 is delivered with a 12. I never use the 9; I got it as a “stump puller”, too cheap to pass up. PM me if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014DF25ARS View Post
                      I have a 9” pitch aluminum prop for a 25-30HP motor which you’re welcome to borrow for the cost of shipping. I live in the US - North Alabama. The 25 is delivered with an 11 pitch prop I believe, and the 30 is delivered with a 12. I never use the 9; I got it as a “stump puller”, too cheap to pass up. PM me if interested.
                      I just saw that's post. That is very kind of you to offer. I'll let you know. I moved the gas under the front bench and raised the motor to the 3rd hole. Put my passenger on the front bench. No issue getting on plane at all. Max I hit was 28 mph at 5400 or 5500 rpm. I know 6300 is the max rpm but this was a huge win! I ordered a 10.5 x 11 cause it was only $25. I'll see what that one does and let y'all know.

Comment

What was the cause fir the 3000 rpm max? I have similar issue

Comment

Working...
                        X