Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT65 interchange swivel bracket and clamp bracket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT65 interchange swivel bracket and clamp bracket?

I've just found this forum and it seems already very helpful. I'm getting started with a 1979 DT65 and impressed with the basic simplicity of it compared to the OMC motors I'm more used to. (The simultaneous firing ignition does puzzle me. Can't quite get my head around how this works...).

I also have a partial 1996 DT65 with a working power trim/tilt. (At least, I think it is trim and not just tilt.) I'd like to transfer the bracket parts to the '79 as the power tilt would really enhance the motor. Does anyone here know offhand how difficult this is? The parts look and measure up very similar but there might be dimensional differences I can't detect until things are apart.

It also appears that installing the trim parts on the 1979 bracket might be an alternative as there is some provision for cylinders at the top. But it does not seem that the cross plate at the bottom would be a direct swap. Power tilt parts are not in the '79 parts breakdown.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

am

If you go to “Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts” tab above, select your engine year and horsepower, find the part you curious about and select that part, scroll down to the bottom right corner and you will find a list of all engines that share the part in question.

Comment

Working...
    X