Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Break-In Procedure for DF30 - recommendation from Porta Bote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, that’s what I would assume...

moonlighter, since you’re here, I’m getting no info other than rpm and water temp on my smg4 - I have the engine position set to ‘sensor’ but am not getting any position indication on the gauge, any ideas? And can I set a clock manually or do I need a GPS to display the clock?

Comment

Originally posted by jeopardy954 View Post
      Ya, that’s what I would assume...

moonlighter, since you’re here, I’m getting no info other than rpm and water temp on my smg4 - I have the engine position set to ‘sensor’ but am not getting any position indication on the gauge, any ideas? And can I set a clock manually or do I need a GPS to display the clock?
      Doesnt sound right, I havent played around with the SMG4 as I dont have one myself. I would try other settings to see what that does re other engine data. You should be getting voltage, fuel flow, trim, fuel used, Etc.

Yes I think you would need to connect to a NMEA2000 network with a GPS source in order to get time and SOG, fuel economy. If you get really stuck let me know, I can ask one of my friends who have new engines with SMG what their settings are.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post

Doesnt sound right, I havent played around with the SMG4 as I dont have one myself. I would try other settings to see what that does re other engine data. You should be getting voltage, fuel flow, trim, fuel used, Etc.

Yes I think you would need to connect to a NMEA2000 network with a GPS source in order to get time and SOG, fuel economy. If you get really stuck let me know, I can ask one of my friends who have new engines with SMG what their settings are.
        Thanks, I'm sure it's something I don't have set up right with the 'initial settings.' There's 'motor station,' 'gauge station,' and a couple other things to set, and no guidance in the manual as to how to set it up. The manual isn't all that helpful either, it just says "dealer only" or something like that.

I'll try to play around with it a little more tomorrow when I'm back in the boat, as I'd really like to get that data going.

Comment

Here is a link to an installation manual. Might help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2fa08g7nw...glish.pdf?dl=0

Comment

Thanks moonlighter. So I’ve gotten the fuel flow, temp, and hours working, but still cant get the trim angle to indicate correctly. Should I be on ‘sender’ or ‘sensor?’

Comment

Dont know. Have to work it out, trial and error. Or talk to your local Suzuki dealer.

Comment

I'm starting to think there is no trim sensor on the DF30? Looking through the parts diagram, there's nothing that looks like it would be a trim position sensor...

However, mysteriously, without me making any changes, I'm now getting voltage, fuel flow, and trip hours/total hours, so that's good!

Comment

Working...
                X