Suzuki DF150A Oil Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF150A Oil Capacity

Just did my 20hr service and after putting 7 qts (US) of oil in and running it for a minute or so (new filter as well) the oil was barely on the dip stick. Adding an 8th qt brought it up to halfway on the stick. Is halfway between the marks what most aim for? The heavy equipment mechanic side of me wants to top it off to that top mark but I figured I'd ask around here first.

Recently changed the oil/filter on my 2018 df150 and 8 qts took it right up to the full mark. The sticker on the engine also says it takes 8 qts on mine. I, personally, would add oil until it was more like 3/4 of the way to the full mark but anywhere in between the marks on a cold check should be ok.
    Last edited by Chowda; 07-01-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Westrongthen View Post
      Just did my 20hr service and after putting 7 qts (US) of oil in and running it for a minute or so (new filter as well) the oil was barely on the dip stick. Adding an 8th qt brought it up to halfway on the stick. Is halfway between the marks what most aim for? The heavy equipment mechanic side of me wants to top it off to that top mark but I figured I'd ask around here first.
      My 2012 DF-175 is 9 qts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chowda View Post
        Recently changed the oil/filter on my 2018 df150 and 8 qts took it right up to the full mark. The sticker on the engine also says it takes 8 qts on mine. I, personally, would add oil until it was more like 3/4 of the way to the full mark but anywhere in between the marks on a cold check should be ok.
        Thats interesting because my manual says 7 qts, I have not seen a sticker on engine.

Comment

Yeah it's kind of weird. The Suzuki dealer I bought the oil and filter from also said 9 qts. My owners manual says 8.5 qts. I put 8 qts in with filter change and it brought the level to the full mark. And I drained it for a good while making sure I got as much old oil out as possible. I'm going to check on my boat tomorrow and will look at the sticker on the engine again. Could've sworn it says 8.
          Last edited by Chowda; 07-01-2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Look in the Operators manual that came with it?

Comment

Working...
            X