Df300 o2 sensor issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df300 o2 sensor issue

So I have the 3-6 code and alarm going off again. I personally changed out the part once already. I put part number 18213-98J30 in as a replacement. Is that the correct updated part? Could it be that I need to update the software? Right now it show ver. 2.7 on my simrad. Could it be a voltage issue? Looking for some ideas of what to do before I just go buy another o2 sensor. Besides this one code and alarm the motor seems to be perfect.
    Thanks

The O2 sensor has nothing to do at all with the Suzuki interface software.

You seem to be under the impression that the Suzuki software version you can see on the Simrad is related to the engine's ECU or the engine's operating system - but that is incorrect - the V2.7 software version you are seeing on the Simrad is the sw in the NMEA2000 Suzuki interface cable.

Did the O2 sensor you replaced last time look any different to the one it replaced? The new upgraded one looks noticeably different, so you should be able to confirm that you got the upgraded one simply on a visual inspection.

Someone else more familiar with them might be able to chime in re part numbers - or, whichever dealer you order the replacement one from should be able to confirm it is the upgraded version.

Comment

Did a quick google for you.

Here's a link to the upgraded version. Part # 18213-98J30. Does it look the same as the one you installed previously?

Ive not heard of anyone having to replace one of the upgraded versions.

SUZUKI OUTBOARD OXYGEN SENSOR 18213-98J30 | eBay

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm kind of at a loss that's the sensor I had put in. Are there any other ideas out there? Maybe I'll just try another one.

Comment

Is this part 18213–98J 30 compatible with the DF 300, 2013 model year? I am having the same issues.

Comment

I can suggest to test the sensor with voltmeter to check if is broken or not....
            You must check continuity between Gray and Black wire on sensor plug(sensor side)....If have continuity, sensor is broken...
            If NO have continuity,but you still get error code 3-6 you need to check continuty between the sensor plug(engine side) and ECU.
            You can check Suzuki manual how to do..which pins need to be checked.

Comment

I'm also getting the error code 3-6 on my Suzuki gage for my 2012 DF300. After it runs a few minutes the error code goes away for the day. Should I do the volt meter test? Or does the error code generally mean it needs replaced & I should just go ahead and replace with the Part # 18213-98J30?

Comment

Hello. Did you find out what was wrong with the o2 sensor? or was it something else?

Comment

Working...
                X