Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suzuki DT 75 1992 will randomly start and not start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DT 75 1992 will randomly start and not start.

Hello Suzuki forum!

3rd thread here, you guys have been very helpful so far! I have a very annoying issue i hope you can help me out.

Backstory: Engine has been run dry and sputtered, i have cleaned everything and attached a new gas tank and cleaned the hoses.

My issue: When trying to start the engine, it turns a few times and then nothing(plenty of battery - tried 3 different fully charged) - if i let the engine sit for 30 minutes, it will sometimes start. I want to troubleshoot, but i have no idea where to start - any ideas?

When it is running, i have 0 issues everything is great - but the engine will 80% of the time not start - i am pretty dumb funded.

What do you mean, motor was run dry and sputtered?
    It is not easy to view anything on this side of screen, what it is doing, if you can not be a little more helpful?
    Does the starter turn motor over each time you turn the key? We are blind and deaf, so you must explain completely what is happening?

Post back with more help for us ti help you?

Comment

Hey Solarman!

I can see now that i was a bit vaque - i solved my problem today and here is a proper explanation of everything if somebody else encounters a similar issue.

The engine would randomly start and not start - i had tried everything i could think of.

When the engine would not start, it would turn maybe 3/4ths everytime i tried to start but i was able to turn it by hand so it was not seized.

Today is tried to test following:

Whether the solonoid was working(was working just fine) - then i tested all cables for resistance and cleaned them up nicely. This did nothing, so i decided to pull apart the starter and as you can see in the pictures i have attached, it was stuck on so much dust it was unable to turn properly.

Cleaned it all up and now it runs perfectly, i could not find anything about these starters elsewhere, so if anybody has this issue - try taking it apart and giving it a good clean! i will be replacing the brushes in the near future as they were pretty worn.

Best regards
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting about starter. I've had a few issues with the bendix sticking down, not spinning up to engage flywheel.

Thanks again for posting. Happy boating.

Comment

Would this be a good fix for a motor that cranks and cranks and cranks without actually starting? This is an 81 DT 85.

Comment

Flanders, this persons motor would not turn-over with the starter. He could not start because starter did not turn.

Focus on helping us understand your motor problems by giving us as much info in detail as you can.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X