Beeping or noise indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beeping or noise indicator

I have a DF115 and there is a beeping noise coming from the console I cannot get to stop. What is it telling me? How can I ge it to stop? I live in Costa Rica and it is hard to find a mechanic but I cannot get it to stop.

the beeping noise is three beeps followed by two beeps
    Last edited by fishingohjesus@gmail.com; 01-20-2017, 06:38 PM.

Likely that the beeping is coming from the Suzuki's warning system.

The beeps would typlically be in a sequence - for example, could be two beeps, short pause, then 3 beeps, longer pause, then repeat.

This sequence of beeps is a code that correlates to a particular issue. It could be as simple as the 100 hour oil change warning, or something more serious. Are you seeing any of the lights in the tachometer flashing at the same time? Would also be a sequence of flashing there as well.

So please go back and try to figure out what sequence of beeps is happening and report back. Or you can google something like "Suzuki outboard beep codes" and you will see what the code means, and then go from there to fix it.

Comment

Beeping noise

the beeping noise seems to be three beeps followed by two beeps

Comment

3-2 code is map sensor fault.

The map sensor bolts straight onto the inlet manifold two bolts. Pull it off and make sure the little hole in the manifold is not blocked with carbon. I think this is where your problem is. simple to check.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingohjesus@gmail.com View Post
          the beeping noise seems to be three beeps followed by two beeps
          Thank you for reply. The sequence of beeps seemed to have stopped now it is one single beep. Does anyone have the code list? I also have been told I need someone with a scanner to tell me what the problem is and to get it to stop.

Comment

See the "sticky" thread at the top of this forum for a list of most common codes.

These fault codes are telling you that something needs attention. The sequence of codes correlates to a particular issue. Once you know what the issue is, then you can address causes. Once the cause is fixed the code will go away.

Best to talk to your Suzuki outboard dealer - not only will they know what the code is, they will know what to do to fix the underlying issue. They can also hook up the Suzuki diagnostic system to see codes and figure out what is wrong.

Also if you read your owners manual it will tell you about the oil change reminder that needs to be reset after you change the oil. Here's a short video that shows you how to reset the oil change reminder alarm:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FhTZO8ikUxs
            Last edited by Moonlighter; 01-29-2017, 12:48 AM.

Comment

beeps

Knowing how old and how many hours on that engine would help with geting a better understanding of the error code

Comment

I have a DF115 and there is a beeping noise coming from the console I cannot get to stop. What is it telling me? How can I ge it to stop? I live in Costa Rica and it is hard to find a mechanic but I cannot get it to stop.

the beeping noise is three beeps followed by two beeps
                Ok so now I only have one beep noise with the check engine flashing light in the tachometer. I also have done a compresión test. All cylinders are coming. Back with a 12 reading but one is reading 101/2. I did this test because I had a fishing trip where we ran the motor for a long time. When we stoped the motor seemed a little hot. When we tried to restart it it would not start. We let it sit for awhile 20 minutes than it started right up.
                Any thoughts?

Comment

What year is your engine and how many hours are on it?
                  This could be the oil change reminder

When was the last time you replaced the water pump impeller?
                  Depending on how many hours there are a few maintence things that should be checked
                  The compression readings you mentioned don't make sense to me
                  From memory I think they should be around 160-180 PSI
                  Art

Comment

Did you try the oil change reminder reset procedure suggested by Moonlighter on 1/28? Or check the fault codes that he mentioned?

Did you do something to silence the 3/2 beeping code you had awhile back? Or did it just go away?

What made you think the motor "seemed a little hot" - how could you tell? Did you have an adequate telltale stream during your long trip? Do you usually have a strong stream?

Do you usually have hard starting problems or was the last incident the first time? What did you do when it would not start - check fuel delivery, pull plugs, anything? Did you have a repeat of the hard starting? When was the last maintenance performed?

You're shooting blanks in the dark and asking if we can check your targets - more complete info and a bit of trouble shooting methodology might go a long way. Tell us your full story.
                    Ray
                    2004 DF50

Comment

Beeping

I think any engine that's run for a long time is going to get hot ? I think you have the dreaded corosine problem, do an Advance search on this matter

Comment

Beeping noise

My engine is a DF115
                        880337-115011

It is a 2008 with 4,000 hours. I had a diagnostic scan done and it came back saying it was the MAP sensor. The 3-2 beep came back. I ordered a new sensor and the beeping noise is still there. Trying to find if there is a way to reset the sensor.

Comment

The beeping will stop when the problem is fixed, as stated earlier. If its back, the problem is not fixed.

I would suggest you Check all the wiring connections from sensors to ecu.

Did you do anything about the apparent overheating?

Comment

My engine is a DF115
                            880337-115011

It is a 2008 with 4,000 hours. I had a diagnostic scan done and it came back saying it was the MAP sensor. The 3-2 beep came back. I ordered a new sensor and the beeping noise is still there. Trying to find if there is a way to reset the sensor.
                            '''' Make sure the little hole in the manifold is not blocked, that code is for signal voltage not changing with changing rpm and loads. Pull the cover off the ecu and pull the ecu forward and stick a thin needle down the side of pin 29 and connect up a digital voltmeter. Connect the red probe to the needle and the black to ground, turn the ignition on and you should see around 4.5 volts. Start the engine and it should be just over 1 volt, give the engine a rev and you will see the voltage go toward 4 volts and when you back off it will go back to over one volt. Also pull the lower cowl off and have a look and make sure you have no exhaust leaking from the engine holder, that will bring a map sensor code on also, the engine starts getting too much exhaust gas, manifold vacuum drops and signal voltage goes high and stay's there check engine light comes on.

Comment

I am getting a fault on my 115 suzuki Check Engine light flashing 9-1

Comment

Working...
                              X